Development of Solar paint for energy harvesting
- Development of Transparent, Conductive and UV protective layer (Anode)
- Development of Hole Transporting Material
- Development of Active Layer
- Development of Cathode Layer
- Formulation of solar paint and its evaluation
Development of Intelligent coatings having nano/submicron reservoirs with controlled release of corrosion inhibitors
- Fabrication polyelectrolyte shell made of polyelectrolyte multilayers and LDH sensitive to the pH changes in the local environment.
- Development of approaches for encapsulation of the anticorrosion inhibitors into nano/sub micron containers and its characterisation test their storage ability
- Study of release mechanism of the inhibitor from the artificial defects
- Optimization of nanocontainer/coating composition for achieving self-healing
- Field trials of developed coatings at CECRI Mandapam Unit and OPMEC, Tuticorin and commercial exploration
Development of superhydrophobic coatings
- Synthesis of sub-micron / nano particles by various methods
- Incorporation of synthesized nanoparticles into the conducting polymer matrix in the presence of suitable surfactants
- Paint formulation with the sub-micron / nano particles to achieve superhydrophobicity
- Nano patterning of surface to achieve superhydro-phobicity
- Characterisation of the superhydrophobic coatings and evaluation of corrosion protection
performance of superhydrophobic coatings
Development of self healing coatings based on mesoporous oxides
- Synthesis and characterization of inhibitor filled mesoporous and tubular nano oxides
- Formulation and evaluation of inhibitor filled mesoporous and tubular nano oxide incorporated primer
for the steel structures
- Formulation and evaluation of middle coat using nano oxides and Interpenetrating Polymer Network (IPN) as binder
- Preparation and characterization of monomer filled microencapsules
- Development of microencapsule incorporated smart self healing coating as top coat
- Characteristic evaluation of the coating system on steel panels in corrosive environments.
Development of anti fouling coatings using microencapsulated biocide
Novel coatings systems to enhance the life of concrete structures using industrial waste products
- Converting, optimizing and characterization of an industrial waste product in to a useful
paint formulation additives / pigments.
- Formulation of paint systems with optimized waste products for rebar coating
and concrete surface coatings and corrosion performance evaluation of the same by short-term laboratory tests.
- Formulation of paint systems with optimized waste products for rebar coating and
concrete surface coatings and corrosion performance evaluation of the same by long-term laboratory tests
- Corrosion performance evaluation of these coatings in actual field exposure by long-term field evaluation studies and to develop a model to predict the life of the coating systems.
Development of TBC in conventional organic coatings
- Synthesis and characterisation of Yittria, Zirconia nano particles through sol-gel, hydrogel process
- Synthesis of Yittria stabilized Zirconia nano particles through sol-gel process and characterization
- Development and characterization of ceramic binders, Siloxane binders
- Formulation of TBC and its evaluation
- 3RD Party/ user agency evaluation of the developed coatings and report preparation
Studies on corrosion inhibitors and scale inhibitors for cooling water systems
To study the effect of rare earth compounds such as cerium ions with carboxylate
and phosphonate groups as corrosion inhibitor for cooling water systems.
Development of suitable, eco friendly and effective conducting polymer based scale inhibitor.
The corrosion inhibition efficiency of the formulation will be evaluated by weight loss,
potentiodynamic polarization, linear polarization and Electro