Instrumentation is one of the important areas of Electrochemistry which makes a great impact on advanced scientific research and industries. This division has been engaged in developing computerized / embedded controller based custom built electrochemical instruments in application to corrosion, metal finishing, batteries and fuel cells.
National Instruments LabVIEW NI academic site License -2010
National Instruments Data Acquisition cards based on PCI and USB interfaces
Agilent 34970A – Data Acquisition / switch unit
PIC Microcontroller development tools
Tektronix TDS 2012B – 100 MHz Dual channel Digital Storage oscilloscope
Sponsored projects completed
- To design , develop and supply an electrochemical Analyser sponsored by Sri Paramakalyani College, Alwarkurichi, Tamilnadu
- To design , develop and supply an electrochemical Analyser sponsored by M/s.Kuvempu University, Shimoga, Karnataka
- Instrumentation for Yamuna Bridge at Allahabad / Naini sponsored by M/s.Devika Chemicals, Mumbai
- Corrosion & Force Monitoring of pre-stressing strands in Kaiga Atomic power project Units 3 & 4 sponsored by M/s.NPCIL, Mumbai
- To design, develop and supply a custom built Surface Resistance meter for conducting fibres sponsored by DRDO, Hyderabad
- To design, develop and supply a custom built Four Probe Resistance meter for conducting glue surfaces sponsored by DRDO, Hyderabad
- To design, develop and supply a custom built Potentiostat sponsored by M/s.Sree Narayana College for Women, Kollam, Kerala
- Development of embedded controller based portable instruments for trace metal detection using screen printed electrodes
- Development of custom built controllers for Hydrogen generators
- Development of high speed Data Acquisition systems using LabVIEW for electrochemical systems
- Establishment of commercial production prototype group to manufacture custom built instruments required for electrochemical research
Milesstones / Achievements
- A state of art real time Wind And Structural Health Monitoring System (WASHMS) using LabVIEW developed and installed at Cable Stay bridge (Naini) across Yamuna River is first of its kind in India and is of natioal importance
- On-line real time Corrosion and Force monitoring system of pre-stressed strands in Kaiga Atomic Power plants in Karnataka state.
- A digital concrete resistivity logger with PC interface – Indian patent
- A pH transmitter for On-line high current applications – Indian patent
Transfer of Technology
- Corrosion Monitoring using Electrical Resistance Probes was transferred to M/s.System Controls, Bangalore.
- Pin hole detector know-how was released to M/s.Trans Era Systems (P) Ltd, Chennai
Photograph of Instruments Developed
The following is the glimpse of instruments developed for our in-house R & D purposes as well as externally funded sponsored projects.
Lead Acid Internal Resistance Monitor
Potentiostat / Galvanostat 30V, 1A
Computer Controlled Electrochemical Analyzer
RCC Corrosion Monitor
Four Probe Resistivity (FPR) Meter
Pin Hole Detector
Instrumentation of Yamuna Bridge
Pesticide Analyzer V.2.0
Pulse Control for Semiconductor Deposition
CECRI have a Siemens HiPath 4000 V5.0, IP based Multimedia communication system with ISDN, IP and SIP based architecture from Siemens Enterprise Communications Gmbh & Co., Germany to cater the need of advanced communication facilities. This system uses the existing IP network for installation of IP phones.
The salient features of the HiPath 4000 system:
(i) 384 analog extension ports with CLIP facility and an expansion provision for 720 additional ports
(ii) 288 IP extension ports with an expansion capability of 512 lines
(iii) 04 ISDN PRI lines supporting 30 digital channels
(iv) 20 Unified communication licenses to access the services of E-mail, Fax, Voice Mail and instant messages in a single screen.
(v) Direct inward dialing facility
(vi) Automatic call back
(vii) Call forward, call hold
(viii) Call transfer
(ix) Boss and secretary function
(xi) Music on hold
(xii) Audio conferencing
(xiii) Voice mail with message recording and retrieval facility etc.
This section covers the photo coverage for all the official functions, on-going research project activities, preparation of laminated photo identity and medical identity cards for the staff etc